This is the easiest and quickest way to accept a payment through YenePay. By generating a payment link from your YenePay account manager page, you will be able to share it to your customers via SMS, social media, viber or put the link on your website and allow your customers to pay you online. In order to be able to generate a payment link, you will need to register with YenePay and activate your merchant account. You can find more detail on how to register as a merchant on the How to register on YenePay article.
To generate a payment link, follow these steps:
- Go to your YenePay account manager page www.yenepay.com/account and log in.
- Click the user avatar on the top-right corner of the screen. Then, select the YenePay Integration menu item from the opened menu list to go the payment link generation page.
- The payment link generator page requests for these details about the payment order you are about to create:
- Item Name: a descriptive name of the item you are requesting payment for or selling.
- Item Id: a unique identifier for the item; this field is optional.
- Price: the unit price of the item or the amount to pay in Ethiopian Birr currency.
- Quantity: the price multiplier quantity.
- If you have Success URL and IPN URL, you can specify these by clicking the Advanced button. You can read about Success URL and IPN URL on the Common Terms section.
- Once you’ve filled out the details select a link type from the Link Options dropdown. You have multiple options to choose from, which gives you different button formatting.
- Short URL: this option lets you generate a simple short url that you can share with your customers to request payment.
- QR Code: you can also generate a payment QR code that corresponds to the short URL you have generated. This gives you a neat way to share your payment link with your customers easily. Customers can then use a QR code scanner app to pick your payment link and proceed to payment.